Friday, February 29, 2008

Moving

Thats right, the Barnett family is moving. I hate moving, really really do. It's quite stressful and to this point I've never had to do it with 2 kids in tow! Yikes! Josh and I have been packing 2 or 3 boxes each night over the past week in an effort to make things not quite so rushed, but lets be honest. We all know we'll be up allllllll night the evening before the big move and up again at the crack of dawn the day of. That's just how it works. It's like some unwritten moving rule that you must be sleep deprived. Oh well, we'll manage. At least I don't have to be the one lifting all the heavy appliances...he he he......
We're moving to a quaint little place in Pleasant Grove. Much much closer to Josh's work and literally down the street from daycare! Very excited about that part. I'm hoping to walk the kids there once summer hits instead of driving. It's still a two bedroom apartment, but it has 2 bathrooms! YAY! Imagine living in a place where the master bedroom has it's own bathroom! I am quite excited. Mostly because I finally have an excuse to go out and buy new bathroom "stuff". I picked out the cutest set from Target for the kids bathroom, penguins with snorkel equipment and floaties. Darling. Josh thinks its just an excuse to spend more money but I reminded him that if we are going to be stuck in a tiny apartment with two kids for at least another year, we might as well make it look homey. I think he just agrees to pacify me. Which I don't mind :) And we will have a separate laundry room! No more washer and dryer in the bathroom! Woohoo, even just that makes the move worth it. Despite the dreaded packing and unpacking part, I'm excited for a new place to say the least.

1 comment:

  1. Okay- you're moving to Pleasant Grove?! That's so close to me! let's get our kiddos together sometime! And...we have a truck if you need help moving, let me know. By the way - where is your daycare at? I've been looking for a good part time option for Austin. Love ya-Amy

    ReplyDelete