Monday, March 1, 2010

30 Day Shred

Well after dealing with the disappointment of the lack of results from my daily biking, I decided to switch gears. I had bought this 30 day shred video months and months ago, but sadly never tried it because I was intimidated by it. Everyone I knew that had tried it, reported that they were hardly able to walk the 2nd day. I bought it knowing this, but thinking that must mean it gets results!

Josh and I decided to do this together and started our first 'day' last week. Boy oh boy is this a workout!!! Every muscle in my whole body feels like it was worked out; literally. Its only 20 minutes long, but because of that, it is INTENSE. I don't really buy into the idea of losing 20 lbs in 30 days, but I'm just hoping to see results in inches lost. To track that, Josh and I are taking our measurements weekly. We'll know in 4 more days if all this muscle pain is working!

Here's what to expect:
The video is based on a 3-2-1 interval component. 3 minutes of strength training (push ups, lunges, squats, butterflies, ect.) , 2 minutes of cardio (jumping jacks, jumping rope, butt kicks, punches, ect.) , and 1 minute of abs (standard crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle crunches, ect.) repeated 3 times in addition to a warm up and cool down. You do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and level 3 for 10 days. The only thing I have found disappointing so far is that out of all my muscles, the abs feel the least worked out. However, I am told that will change in levels 2 and 3. Now that we are on day 4 I can see that level 1 is getting a bit easier and soon we will move on to level two. But I am sure as soon as we start level 2 I will want to go back to level 1 again! (or so I am told ;) )
We have exactly 30 days to go until our vacation in Florida so wish us good results!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that

    Just curious, does it make you do military stance for abs? That will really get your abs workin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake- i think it does in level 3. yikes. Your talking plank type stuff right?

    ReplyDelete